We’re getting really really close the Christmas so I’ll throw a few more ideas up here until then but after that you’re on your own. If you wait that long to buy presents, you probably truly don’t care about the person you’re buying for. (shifts eyes.. Look, I’m not even going to be home this Christmas so they can wait.) Do you have anyone on your list who just wants a regular mic to start out with? Well this was one of my first mics and I actually still use it to this day. At just $99, you can’t get a better smooth sounding mic with plenty of highs. And if you order now from Sweetwater, you can get it by Christmas. So pick this one up soon.
Audio-Technica’s stringent quality and consistency standards set the AT2020 apart from other mics in its class. Its low-mass diaphragm is custom-engineered for extended frequency response and superior transient response. With rugged construction for durable performance, the microphone offers a wide dynamic range and handles high SPLs with ease. The AT2020: the new standard for affordable side-address studio condensers.
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone
For more information, click on Audio Technica’s very early 2000′s looking site HERE
To buy, click HERE